Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diskussioner som mit speciale har affødet #1

Mit speciale har i løbet af det halve år, det har været undervejs, affødt et par diskussioner på Facebook.

Her er den første:

 1) Some things I like about the new facebook, and somethings I really dislike. I don't like the overexposure possible; for instance, being able to see what a friend likes/comments on in relationship to someone you are not friends with. It was always possible to see if you wanted to make the effort to go to a friend's page, but now it just feels more like a violation of privacy. Anyone else feel this way?

2)  That also means that people you are deliberately not friends with for one reason or another can keep up with you if you have a mutual friend. Kind of defeats the purpose.

1 a) I know--and if you're obsessive like me you feel the pull to read EVERYTHING on the ticker. It's kind of exhausting...

3) I have a hard enough time focusing on one thing as it is. This is too much for me.

4) Contrarian that I am, I am a little bemused by people's preoccupation with privacy on a social networking site with hundreds of millions of members. Perhaps exercising prior restraint and discretion concerning ones online footprint are best. But that's me.

1b)  4. it's kind of like high school where you have a "group" of friends, but sometimes don't realize that there are other people aware of/watching you. I'm pretty selective of my friends and only accepted a few with reservations. Kind of weird that THEIR friends--who I don't know--can see photos/status updates, etc. I'm a prime example of posting things generally when they're intended for a certain group--just weird to get used to.

5)  (mig) 1 and 2 actually that is not true. The people you have chosen to view your complete profile such as tagging, status updates etc. can also follow you in the ticker. The rest can't... So if you see a bunch of people in the ticker.. that means they have granted you access to their complete profile.


1 c) Oh! So when I see a friend commenting on one of THEIR friend's, it is because their friend has allowed it? If so, that makes me feel MUCH better...

5 a) yes. that is why i have always stressed the custom edit to you...

1d) Well, I put only friends to see my things--so I should be safe?

5b) no you are not. because you allow your friends to view your comments on other people's status (on your wall) don't you?

4a)  I can see that, but I suppose i'm just a different breed of cat. I just don't give a damn what other people think of what I do or say in a public setting, so I don't concern myself with it. I guess I just figure if a friend of a friend of a co-worker is that effected by my witty commentary, then either I'm incredibly funny, or they desperately need a hobby. I just assume that anything I say or do beyond the confines of my home is fair game. Besides, I couldn't give a crap what people think. But again, that's me. :)

2a) Guess I need to review the privacy rules. I don't pay as much attention to them as I should.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment